Exercise Science Intern (Wellness Training)
Contribute to Family Wellness operations and processes while obtaining first hand experience that align with the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
Education, Experience, & Skills (Minimum Requirement):
Must be enrolled or graduated from a program accredited as designated by department and have completed curriculum through the sophomore level. Must have good human relations and communications skills; must be able to follow procedures and instructions given by the leadership staff. Must have strong problem solving, leadership, and analytical skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Products.
- Interacts with customers in a warm and friendly way.
- Takes immediate action to meet customer requests or needs.
- Listens to understand what customers have to say.
- Recognizes safety hazards and takes corrective action; seeking assistance when needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of operational policies and procedures.
- Performs work safely, without causing harm or risk to self, others or property.
- Makes a decision considering the impact of the decision on other areas.
- Initiates collaboration with others outside of service area.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the principles, values, and ethics of the organization.
- Models accountability for learning by sharing knowledge and learning from others.
- Builds effective working relationships.
- Expresses appreciation to others for their work.
- Treats others with respect.
- Demonstrates both knowledge and application of Family Wellness policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Facilitates and supports change within Family Wellness.
- Demonstrates commitment to continuous learning for themselves and staff.
- Demonstrates and applies continuous quality improvement knowledge and skills.
INFORMATION MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrates skill in accessing, preparing and using information as relevant to position.
- Verbalizes and demonstrates knowledge of procedures for maintaining security, confidentiality, and integrity of employee, member, and user information.
- Demonstrates ability to collect, analyze and present data as appropriate to position.
- Demonstrates skill in use of equipment relevant to position; verbalizes knowledge of appropriate safety procedures.
- Diagnoses equipment problems; fixes or seeks out someone to fix.
- Consistently informs appropriate person of problems encountered with repairs or calibration of equipment.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Assists with the development of needs within the assigned department.
- Works in partnership with the manager, assesses needs of potential consumers.
- Assists with development of new programs, marketing of these programs and works in partnership with the department staff to deliver program.
- Assists with policy and procedure drafting and review as needed
- Researches other facilities including alternate YMCA’s and Wellness Facilities.
- Current Departments with possible Internship Opportunities: Wellness Training, Personal Training, Wellness Education, Childcare, Group Exercise, Marketing, Membership and Front Desk Management
This position is classified as a Category III position under OSHA guidelines with no risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials.
2960 SETER PKWY
Fargo ND 58104