Payroll Services Manager - Albert Lea, MN
Requisition Number: 16-0152Requisition Number 16-0152
Post Date 9/28/2016
Title Payroll Services Manager
City Albert Lea
This position is responsible for the management of the Payroll Department with Alerus. Helps foster a cohesive service team by supporting strong communication and displaying judgement and leadership to ensure the proper administration of all accounts. Establishes and maintains relationships with assigned clients in order to achieve or exceed client service and retention standards. Ensures team is meeting performance standards to meet and maintain company goals. The Payroll Department consists of team members specialized in the payroll process, tax compliance, Affordable Care Act reporting, HRIS technology and support, and client implementation.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 1: Management and Leadership 45%
- Participate in recruitment, development and retention of Payroll department staff.
- Create and foster a positive, successful and professional work environment.
- Coach, mentor and motivate staff to evaluate and take actions that follow established practice standards leading to a consistent service model.
- Actively engage in company goals by promoting and supporting new and ongoing initiatives.
- Actively lead and/or participate in projects to improve the products and services offered by Alerus, including project groups tasked with developing enhanced procedures or policies.
- Collaborate with management by offering suggestions on emerging trends, improvements to service model and feedback received from staff and clients.
- Be an experienced source of information and guidance
- Embrace and model change amongst peers as a proven leader.
- Monitor training of staff and ensure all training is completed.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 2: Client Retention 30%
- Proactively manage the Payroll department to achieve or exceed client service satisfaction.
- Identify proactive approaches to keep issues from recurring.
- Maintain ongoing communication with client to understand their goals/objectives and identify service concerns.
- Introduce clients to other Alerus services as appropriate to show the full service value of Alerus offerings.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 3: Teamwork and Communication 25%
- Maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers while providing quality service.
- Take responsibility for service team communication and workflow; maintain excellent and timely communication among all involved parties.
- Resolve workflow issues on team and address issues that cross department lines, using judgement with respect to manger/management involvement and consideration of high level business impact and application.
- Provide solutions to plan needs by working with administration on outstanding issues and/or new features available due to recent legislation or product enhancements.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor degree in finance, economics, accounting, business administration or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven leadership, management and direct supervisory skills.
- High level written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Broad experience with payroll processes and knowledge with payroll tax requirements.
- Professional designation(s) related to the payroll industry or willingness to obtain within first year of employment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, use of computer, and other office equipment.
- Developed relational skills such as diplomacy, judgement, decision making and discretion.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workflow of self and others, coordinate activity as an effective team member to meet deadlines and make effective decisions under pressure.
- Established communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and problem solve complex situations and apply judgement with respect to high level business impact and risk.
- Proven ability to work with detailed technical knowledge of payroll functions and state and federal tax compliance.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (MUST BE MET WITH OR WITHOUT A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION)
- Requires ability to sit for long periods of time using a key board, mouse and to view multiple screens.
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing documents, both actual papers or electronic.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
- Requires ability to use telephone for client contact and conference calls.
3137 32ND AVE S
FARGO ND 58103