Equity Analyst, Senior - Shorewood, MN
Requisition Number: 16-0168Requisition Number 16-0168
Post Date 3/21/2017
Title Equity Analyst, Senior
This position is responsible for research, fundamental analysis, recommendation and monitoring of equity securities in our private client portfolios, institutional portfolios and common and collective funds. Primary focus will be on individual large-cap securities in specific sectors such as technology, consumer and financials. This position will also be responsible for trading equity securities and portfolio management using risk management and tools such as MSCI Barra. The candidate will articulate AIFS Investments equity strategy with internal and external clients, support financial advisors with client reviews and new client acquisitions and direct the efforts of investment operations personnel.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 1: Research and analysis of equity securities - 50%
- Research, analyze and trade individual equity securities in assigned sectors.
- Recommend buy, hold or sell decisions to investment committee.
- Develop relationships with outside research providers and brokerage firms to help identify attractively valued securities.
- Develop, update and maintain equity models.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 2: Portfolio Management - 30%
- Establish criteria for portfolio quality, risk, and style.
- Establish target weights for equity sectors.
- Use portfolio analytic tools such as Barra to construct and monitor portfolios.
- Respond to client investment action requests.
- Direct efforts of investment support personnel in portfolio construction, monitoring and compliance.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 3: Sales and client service support - 20%
- Assist investment advisors in completing requests for proposals for new accounts.
- Support investment advisors on issues related to account and performance data of existing accounts.
- Prepare timely investment commentary and communicate investment information and economic data to necessary parties.
- Proactively serve as a knowledgeable resource for investment consultants, relationship managers and clients.
- Assist in marketing material development.
- Bachelors degree required, MBA and/or CFA a plus.
- Strong analytical, presentation and communication skills.
- Five years or more of broad investment experience as an equity analyst and portfolio manager with a strong track record.
- Deep knowledge and experience is specific sectors such as technology, consumer and financials.
- Working knowledge of portfolio management, trading and risk analytic tools such as Barra, and Advantage.
- Microsoft Office skills along with familiarity with Bloomberg and Factset a plus.
- Periodic overnight travel may be required.
- Excellent verbal/nonverbal communication skills.
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated with ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrate confidence when making recommendations to the Chief Investment Officer and investment committee.
- Must contribute to a positive work atmosphere that fosters teamwork, creativity, and participation in decision making.
- Detail-oriented, problem solver.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (MUST BE MET WITH OR WITHOUT A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION)
- Extended periods of time sitting at a desk and using office equipment.
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing physical and electronic documents.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Must be able to read, write, speak & understand English.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
3137 32ND AVE S
FARGO ND 58103