Payroll Account Administrator - Albert Lea, MN
Requisition Number: 16-0183Requisition Number 16-0183
Post Date 12/8/2016
Title Payroll Account Administrator
City Albert Lea
Responsible for client service, accuracy, and compliance of assigned payroll clients. Responsible for processing daily, quarterly, and year-end files while providing exceptional service to our clients.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 1: Client Service- 95%
- Compile, verify, and process payroll data for payroll department clients.
- Assist clients with their needs ie. training, create, and update reports, re-send documents, etc. in all systems, including: Evolution, time and attendance and InfinityHR.
- Maintain client information and employee data for assigned clients in all systems, including: Evolution, time and attendance and InfinityHR.
- Process tax and agency payments.
- Upload files to 401(k) and Health and Welfare Departments.
- Assist with quarterly and year-reporting, including tax filings.
- File, copy, fax, and prepare correspondence to and for clients.
- Provide timely and accurate answer to clients questions and issues.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 2: Alerus/Department Support and Teamwork - 5%
- Participate in meetings for the company, department and administration unit.
- Foster a positive work environment and support co-workers in achievement of departmental goals.
- Treat all co-workers with professionalism and respect.
- Recognize and celebrate individual/team accomplishments.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- One or more years of experience in accounting or business field.
- Good written/oral communication, organization, and client service skills required.
- Ability to maintain professional working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Ability to work independently and set priorities.
- Ability to interpret documents and resolve technical problems.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Available to work overtime to cover peak workloads and other business needs.
- Qualifications typically obtained through college degree and specialized coursework in business administration.
- Demonstrated relational skills such as diplomacy, judgment, decision making, discretion, etc.
- Initiative, creativity and energetic active engagement in all work responsibilities.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workflow of self and others and coordinate activity as an effective team member to meet deadlines and make effective decisions under pressure.
- Established communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated professional business skills and demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and problem solve complex situations. Apply judgment with respect to high level business impact and risk.
- Proven ability to work with detailed technical knowledge of payroll functions and state and federal tax compliance.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (MUST BE MET WITH OR WITHOUT A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION)
- Requires ability to sit for long periods of time using a key board, mouse and to view multiple screens.
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing documents, both actual papers or electronic.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
- Requires ability to use telephone for client contact and conference calls.
3137 32ND AVE S
FARGO ND 58103