Technical Specialist - IT Help Desk - Arden Hills, MN
Requisition Number: 17-0005Requisition Number 17-0005
Post Date 1/16/2017
Title Technical Specialist - IT Help Desk
City Arden Hills
The Information Technology department provides technology tools and support to all employees of Alerus Financial. As part of the IT team, the Technical Specialist will work to resolve issues of end-users, identify needs, and build a rapport with the employee base. This position will provide end-user support via phone, face-to-face, and electronically, with a focus on making each interaction a positive customer experience.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 1: Provide IT support - 40%
- Provide end-user telephone and online support for Alerus employees. This includes being part of a rotation to provide continued IT help desk technical support during Alerus Financial customer support hours, seven days a week.
- Responsible for logging calls, identifying issues, researching, resolving and following up on incidents utilizing a problem ticket and service request tracking system. If unable to resolve, after exhausting all available resources, will escalate for resolution while maintaining ownership of the incident. Ownership includes responsibility for documenting, tracking, monitoring, communicating with the customer, and ensuring timely request resolution.
- Adherence to Assistance Center processes and Service Level Agreements.
- Prioritize customer requests, follow-up and track through to resolution.
- Assist customers with basic need analysis and preparation of requests.
- Identify possible training opportunities based on call history.
- Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end-users.
- Prepare and/or place technology tools into production.
- Participate in testing technology tools.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 2: Carry out technical ownership of financial applications or technology specialty as assigned. - 40%
- Gain an understanding as the subject matter expert level of all aspects of your assigned discipline.
- Provide IT guidance for researching and implementing new and/or existing software applications.
- Assure Technical Assistance center is trained and has adequate documentation to provide end user support on specific application or product.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 3: Administrative Duties - 20%
- Assist with development and maintenance of documentation, including policies and routines.
- Assure all responsibilities related to customer data protection are accomplished as designed and in a timely manner.
- Facilitate and/or execute user access to systems for hires, transfers and terminations.
- Provide support on IT projects as assigned.
- Execute all tasks as assigned related to inventory of assets, components and software.
- Provide proper instruction and introduction to new staff of technology tools.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Degree in Information Technology and 3+ years of experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience in a technical assistance/help desk environment required.
- Technical knowledge of servers, networks, mobile devices, applications required.
- Support and or usage of an Active Directory, Citrix and Windows/SQL Operating Systems required.
- Intermediate usage level of with Web based systems, and Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Business and/or Application analysis experience preferred.
- Experience in supporting or using an ERP type system preferred.
- A+ Certification preferred.
- Strong understanding of current commonly-used concepts, technologies, practices, and procedures. Ability to apply the knowledge to Alerus Financial needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to take initiative when needed.
- Ability to travel to any Alerus Financial location to provide training and/or technical support.
- Analytical ability to determine appropriate actions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team oriented, and a collaborative work style.
- Adaptable, flexible, organized and able to multi-task, work independently, and meet deadlines.
- Comfortable interacting with various levels of management within the organization.
- Strong passion for customer satisfaction, creative and consistently maintain a positive attitude.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to use a personal computer.
Alerus is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. We consider all applications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, ethnicity, or national origin.
3137 32ND AVE S
FARGO ND 58103