Retirement Account Administrator - See Job Description,
Requisition Number: 17-0014Requisition Number 17-0014
Post Date 1/27/2017
Title Retirement Account Administrator
City See Job Description
This position can be located in one of our offices, Albert Lea, MN, Edina, MN, Troy, MI, East Lansing, MI or Manchester, NH.
This role helps foster a cohesive service team by directing workflow, supporting strong communication and displaying good judgment and leadership to ensure the proper administration of all plans. Responsible for client service, compliance and Form 5500 reporting of an assigned group of retirement plans, typically 60-70 plans. Plan assignment may include employee stock ownership plans (ESOP).
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 1: Client Service 40%
- Proactively manage assigned client relationships to achieve or exceed client service satisfaction and ARS retention standards.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships and open lines of communication with internal and external clients.
- Keep Manager/Supervisor informed of sensitive issues and proactively work with Retirement Relationship Manager or Retirement Specialist (RRM/RS) to retain key clients and assets.
- Work with Manager/Supervisor to resolve technical, service and compliance issues to ensure client satisfaction without jeopardizing regulatory requirements and service standards.
- Assist in client feedback efforts and work with RRM/RS to identify and resolve service issues as well as meet long-term client needs.
- Meet service standards. Proactively notify Manager/Supervisor and client (as appropriate) if standards will not be met.
- Timely response to internal and external inquiries.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 2: Compliance and Form 5500 Reporting- 40%
- Monitor receipt of clients census information to prioritize completion of compliance tests and/or Form 5500 reporting for an assigned set of plans.
- Understand and interpret plan document and contract provisions and apply experience and judgment to situational problem resolution. Work with Manager/Supervisor and/or RRM if needed.
- If assigned ESOP plans, possess the necessary skills to administer ESOPs which includes an understanding of the valuation process, updating participant records and delivery of the year-end annual valuation report and participant statements.
- Ensure that appropriate compliance tests are accurate and completed within standards.
- Ensure Form 5500 and Summary Annual Report is accurate and completed within standards.
- Identify changes/amendments needed to documents due to client requests.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 3: Leadership and Engagement 20%
- Actively engage in the success of ARS and Alerus, promoting and supporting new and ongoing initiatives with positive active team involvement resulting in a successful outcome.
- Participate in projects to improve the products and services offered by ARS, including project groups tasked with developing enhanced procedures or policies.
- Participate in meetings for the company, department and administration unit.
- Treat all clients and co-workers with professionalism.
- Support and promote communication within the service team through direct communication, Client Gateway and other available tools as needed in order to build strong internal relationships.
- Actively supports the use of Client Gateway by documenting pertinent conversations and emails with clients and others as applicable.
- Recognize and celebrate individual/team accomplishments.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- 1+ years experience in defined contribution industry, preferably in recordkeeping or administration.
- Good written/oral communication, organization, and client service skills required.
- Ability to maintain professional working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Ability to work independently and set priorities.
- Ability to interpret documents and resolve technical problems.
- Available to work overtime to cover peak work loads and other business needs.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated relational skills such as diplomacy, judgment, decision making and discretion.
- Demonstrated critical thinking abilities.
- Initiative, creativity and energetic active engagement in all work responsibilities.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workflow of self and others and coordinate activity as an effective team member to meet deadlines and make effective decisions under pressure.
- Established communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated professional business skills and demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and problem solve complex situations. Apply judgment with respect to high level business impact and risk.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (MUST BE MET WITH OR WITHOUT A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION)
- Requires ability to use sit for long periods of time using a key board, mouse and to view multiple screens.
- Requires ability to use telephone for client contact and conference calls.
3137 32ND AVE S
FARGO ND 58103