Full Time Teller - Eden Prairie, MN
Requisition Number: 17-0032Requisition Number 17-0032
Post Date 2/28/2017
Title Full Time Teller
City Eden Prairie
This position is empowered to serve our customers and exceed their expectations through service delivery excellence, thereby delivering on the Alerus brand promise of Always in your Best Interest. A Teller is primarily responsible for customer service by handling financial transactions for lobby and/or drive-up customers in a professional manner. Tellers provide customers with a clear understanding of the technical aspects and benefits of products and services offered at Alerus Financial. Responsibilities include teller transactions, customer service, branch security, and basic knowledge of all retail products and services.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 1: Customer Service. 70%
- Live Alerus Financial mission, vision and values in providing superior customer service.
- Acts with initiative to address customer need
- Acknowledge and immediately address customer complaints. Assist in identifying solutions to resolve issues and follow up to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Effectively manage multiple customer demands and provide maximum service to all customers.
- Effectively serve our customers by promptly responding to and resolving all balance inquiries, customer questions, and problems.
- Develop effective telephone skills and satisfactorily handle all telephone inquiries.
- Develop basic knowledge of retail services and products.
- Build and establish rapport with customers by identifying customers by name, greeting customers with a smile and handshake, introducing yourself, providing personalized service, and thanking customers for stopping in as they depart.
- Engaged in and successfully complete product knowledge training to learn to recognize customer opportunities.
- Begin to effectively refer customers to appropriate areas.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 2: Technical Knowledge. 20 %
- Serve customers by accepting retail deposits and payments for loans and credit cards.
- Assist customers by issuing, redeeming, and settling all travelers checks, savings bonds, cashiers checks, etc.
- Maintain a balanced teller cash drawer.
- Order customer checks; monitor/order supplies.
- Prepare customer and operations documentation such as researching requisitions, checks, etc.
- Support and enhance Bank policies and procedures around security, cash handling, cashed check policies and opening and closing procedures.
- Understand and apply regulatory and compliance training.
- Report suspicious transactions, activities, and situations to appropriate personnel.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 3: Industry Knowledge. 10%
- Develop and maintain economic and market awareness.
- Learn and understand business and banking industry practices.
- Possess knowledge of competitive products, practices, and facilities in order to effectively refer Alerus Financial products/services.
- High school graduate or GED preferred. If a current high school student, must be involved in DECA, BPA, or other similar type business program and have a recommendation from a program coordinator or school counselor.
- Previous cash handling work experience.
- Basic math proficiency and aptitude.
- Dedication to service excellence with one year of demonstrated customer service experience.
- Proven track record of work stability and punctuality.
- Dedicated and satisfactory attendance/punctuality.
- Able to work Saturdays.
- Positive and passionate about taking care of customers.
- Professional appearance and attitude.
- Demonstrated social and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to stay calm in difficult situations.
- Patient and helpful with others.
- Team player, willingness to help others.
- Demonstrated aptitude to handle sensitive operational transactions and customer relationships.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (MUST BE MET WITH OR WITHOUT A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION)
- Extended periods of time standing at a desk and using office equipment.
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing physical and electronic documents.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
3137 32ND AVE S
FARGO ND 58103