Part Time Flex Teller - Grand Forks, ND
Requisition Number: 17-0026Requisition Number 17-0026
Post Date 2/28/2017
Title Part Time Flex Teller
City Grand Forks
This position is empowered to serve our customers and exceed their expectations through service delivery excellence. A Teller is primarily responsible for customer service by handling financial transactions for lobby and/or drive-up customers in a professional manner. Tellers provide customers with a clear understanding of the technical aspects and benefits of products and services offered at Alerus Financial. Responsibilities include teller transactions, customer service, branch security, and basic knowledge of all retail products and services.
This position will float between all Grand Forks branches and needs to have Saturday availability.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 1: Customer Service. 70%
- Demonstrate service delivery excellence by following the 10 Extraordinary Memorable Customer Service Standards.
- Live Alerus Financial mission, vision and values in providing superior customer service.
- Acts with initiative to address customer needs.
- Acknowledge and immediately address customer complaints. Assist in identifying solutions to resolve issues and follow up to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Effectively manage multiple customer demands and provide maximum service to all customers.
- Effectively serve our customers by promptly responding to and resolving all balance inquiries, customer questions, and problems.
- Develop effective telephone skills and satisfactorily handle all telephone inquiries.
- Develop basic knowledge of retail services and products.
- Build and establish rapport with customers by identifying customers by name, greeting customers with a smile and handshake, introducing yourself, providing personalized service, and thanking customers for stopping in as they depart.
- Engaged in and successfully complete product knowledge training to learn to recognize customer opportunities.
- Begin to effectively refer customers to appropriate areas.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 2: Technical Knowledge. 20%
- Serve customers by accepting retail deposits and payments for loans and credit cards.
- Assist customers by issuing, redeeming, and settling all travelers checks, savings bonds, cashiers checks, etc.
- Maintain a balanced teller cash drawer.
- Order customer checks; monitor/order supplies.
- Prepare customer and operations documentation such as researching requisitions, checks, etc.
- Support and enhance Bank policies and procedures around security, cash handling, cashed check policies and opening and closing procedures.
- Understand and apply regulatory and compliance training.
- Report suspicious transactions, activities, and situations to appropriate personnel.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 3: Industry Knowledge. 10%
- Develop and maintain economic and market awareness.
- Learn and understand business and banking industry practices.
- Possess knowledge of competitive products, practices, and facilities in order to effectively refer Alerus Financial products/services.
- High school graduate or GED preferred. If a current high school student, must be involved in DECA, BPA, or other similar type business program and have a recommendation from a program coordinator or school counselor
- Previous cash handling work experience
- Basic math proficiency and aptitude
- Dedication to service excellence with one year of demonstrated customer service experience
- Proven track record of work stability and punctuality
- Dedicated and satisfactory attendance/punctuality
- Positive and passionate about taking care of customers
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Demonstrated social and interpersonal skills
- Ability to stay calm in difficult situations
- Patient and helpful with others
- Team player, willingness to help others
- Demonstrated aptitude to handle sensitive operational transactions and customer relationships
3137 32ND AVE S
FARGO ND 58103