Retirement Relationship Manager - Edina, MN or Homesite in PA,
Requisition Number: 17-0033Requisition Number 17-0033
Post Date 3/6/2017
Title Retirement Relationship Manager
City Edina, MN or Homesite in PA
Establish and maintain relationships with assigned retirement plan clients in order to achieve or exceed client service and retention standards. Define and implement annual service plan for assigned clients, introducing new features available to them, coordinating plan changes and other plan related topics, as necessary. Help foster a cohesive service team by directing workflow, supporting strong communication and displaying good judgment and leadership to ensure the proper administration of all accounts. Coordinate and monitor workflow between departments to facilitate efficient operations and optimal client service. Assist Retirement Sales Consultants in sales process as requested and assist with new business implementation process.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 1: Client Retention 50%
- Proactively manage assigned client relationships to achieve or exceed client service satisfaction and ARB retention standards.
- Define and implement proactive client service plan based on client tier to set/manage client plan objectives, suggesting changes where necessary. Engage client service team members for larger clients to complete education and investment commitments. Proactively manage client service plan activity through use of Client Gateway.
- Identify and establish strong working relationship with client key decision makers/influencers. Maintain ongoing communication with client to understand their goals/objectives and identify service concerns. Proactively and consistently present ARB value proposition.
- Actively assess client satisfaction to identify at-risk clients and work with manager to address issues.
- Introduce clients to other ARS and bank services as appropriate to underscore the ARB full service value proposition.
- Actively employ/share technical knowledge of and experience with ERISA and retirement plan administration with clients and colleagues.
- Apply basic/intermediate investment knowledge as it pertains to retirement plans, including asset classes, models, CIFs and target date funds. Be able to prepare and present investment reviews for both non-fiduciary and fiduciary clients. Identify opportunities to work with ARS Investment Team to present fiduciary services to clients not utilizing the service.
- Demonstrate ability to engage and interact with varying audience types including plan participants, plan sponsors, investment committees, and peer groups.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 2: Teamwork and Communication - 25%
- Maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers while providing quality service.
- Take responsibility for service team communication and workflow; maintain excellent and timely communication among all involved parties. Resolve workflow issues on team and address issues that cross department lines, using judgment with respect to manager/management involvement.
- Provide solutions to plan needs by working with administration and underwriting on outstanding issues and/or new features available due to recent legislation or product enhancements.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 3: Leadership and Engagement 25%
- Actively engage in the success of ARB and Alerus, promoting and supporting new and ongoing initiatives with positive active team involvement resulting in a successful outcome.
- Embrace and model change.
- Actively participate in or lead projects to improve the products and services offered by ARB, including project groups tasked with developing enhanced procedures or policies.
- Offer suggestions and ideas to management and engage in their development as approved.
- Mentor or coach new colleagues as assigned by management.
- Bachelor degree in finance, economics, accounting, business administration or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two years related experience in retirement plan recordkeeping/administration with knowledge of IRS and Department of Labor regulations.
- Experience working with corporate clients at the relationship management level.
- Professional designation related to the qualified plan industry required.
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, Word, use of laptop computer, projector, trio, and other office equipment.
- Established relational skills such as diplomacy, judgment, decision making, discretion, etc.
- Developed leadership skills demonstrated through facilitation of team and client centric service plan.
- Initiative, creativity and active engagement in all work responsibilities.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workflow of self and others and coordinate activity as an effective team member to meet deadlines and make effective decisions under pressure.
- Strong communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Professional business skills and demeanor.
- Ability to problem solve complex situations while applying appropriate judgment to assess risk and when to involve management.
- Ability to work with detailed technical knowledge of all types of retirement plans.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (MUST BE MET WITH OR WITHOUT A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION)
- Requires ability to travel based on locations of assigned client base.
- Requires the safe operation of a motor vehicle to perform the essential functions of the job.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
3137 32ND AVE S
FARGO ND 58103