Relationship Manager - Grand Forks, ND
Requisition Number: 17-0038Requisition Number 17-0038
Post Date 3/8/2017
Title Relationship Manager
City Grand Forks
This position is responsible for generating new business opportunities and managing a significant customer portfolio as defined in the performance plan. This involves being the primary contact for new or existing customers, conducting relationship reviews, coordinating the financial planning process, presenting formal product proposals, and maintaining ongoing prospects for new business development. The focus of this position is to build customer relationships and gain loyalty by listening, understanding, and responding to customers needs.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 1: New business development 40%
- Place calls to existing or prospective customers to discuss their financial needs and objectives; serve as the gatekeeper in providing the customer with the appropriate product specialists to present financial solutions.
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge encompassing all traditional and nontraditional, consumer and commercial, financial products and services.
- Actively solicit new business opportunities with existing customers through the relationship review process, and with prospective customers by making outside sales calls, channel contacts, and through other forms of network building.
- Use the FSS database to capture all customer information and new business opportunities.
- Maintain a general understanding of basic financial planning concepts including investments, income and estate tax planning, balance sheet management, protection planning, business planning, charitable planning, and liquidity planning.
- Understand the benefits of Alerus products and effectively differentiate Alerus from the competition.
- Maintain new business contribution goals as outlined in the performance plan.
- Support the sales efforts of entire Alerus sales team.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 2: Manage customer relationships - 30%
- Retain and expand existing customer relationships using the relationship and product models in place.
- Compile annual relationship reviews for each customer to assist the customer in determining his/her financial objectives.
- Coordinate the appropriate Product Specialists to address specific financial objectives and to develop a personalized financial plan.
- Meet with the customer and appropriate specialists to present a proposal based on the financial planning process.
- Coordinate the implementation of the product recommendations and/or financial planning solutions with the product specialist and sperations staff.
- Seek to develop a complete customer relationship by proactively cross-selling products and services to both new and existing customers.
- Actively represent Alerus in the marketplace, making the best use of available time and talents in professional associations with the company.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 3: Delivery of services - 25%
- Maintain quality service standards, and take care of the customers ongoing business needs.
- Acknowledge and prioritize multiple customer demands to provide maximum service to all customers.
- Manage customer relationships carefully, using the structure and processes defined for the Relationship Manager role and the product specialist role.
- Develop and consistently demonstrate professional sales skills to maximize business opportunities.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 4: Personal growth/development -5%
- Represent Alerus in community organizations and activities.
- Assume responsibility for career growth and development. Actively pursue continuing education, reading, and self-development to enhance skills.
- Be flexible and adaptive when faced with changing needs of the customer.
- Maintain professional composure, attitude, and behavior at all events.
- Build solid working relationships with team members, acting as a resource for others whenever possible.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years of financial services experience, with preference given to commercial banking experience.
- Progressive and proven sales experience with demonstrated ability to bring significant new business to the organization.
- Actively involved in the community in areas that offer greatest potential for new business.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Computer skills.
- Prioritize work effectively.
- Effective time management skills.
- Strive for achievement in terms of both quality and quantity of work.
- Reliable follow through without supervision.
- Effective communicator.
- Self motivated.
- Demonstrated social skills and comfortable in a variety of settings.
3137 32ND AVE S
FARGO ND 58103