Retirement Trading Analyst I - Arden Hills, MN
Requisition Number: 17-0040Requisition Number 17-0040
Post Date 3/21/2017
Title Retirement Trading Analyst I
City Arden Hills
This position performs trade settlement and is responsible for money movement between ARS and various trading partners. This position is responsible to serve as the primary point of contact for reconciling the self-directed, segregated and insurance accounts for retirement trust, recordkeeping and trade systems. This position will have strong system knowledge enabling them to answer client and ARS staff questions, be a part of testing, enhancements, staff training, issue resolution and new procedure implementation. This position will exhibit strong attention to detail, will be responsible to understand all aspects of the processing team, and be able to work in a fast paced environment quickly and accurately.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 1: Trade Settlement (40%)
- Serves as a point of contact for trade settlement questions with clients and trading partners.
- Responsible for processing of trades into trust system.
- Coordinates with trading partners on cash movement.
- Creates and implements efficiencies with settlement processing.
- Responsible to coordinate large trade notifications.
- Processes and places manual trades.
- Performs follow-up research to ensure trades, funds, & plans settle promptly as directed by management/staff.
- Reviews all fund changes and works with the different teams to update the systems.
- Responsible for the Mutual Fund Settlement recon.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 2: Outside Assets (30%)
- Responsible for daily reconciling of the outside assets.
- Perform daily updates to recordkeeping and trust systems for the outsides assets.
- Coordinates with outside custodians on cash movement.
- Reconcile and submit the recon on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Compile monthly and quarterly data for management reports and review.
- Requests checks and wires for deposit into the accounts.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 3: Dividends (25%)
- Coordinates with team members to complete posting of dividends by deadline.
- Performs additional jobs to make sure prices and rates are correct.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 4: Documentation and Backup (5%)
- Maintains documentation of functions is R&R database.
- Responsible for cross training on all other business system analysts functions.
- Assists team members during times of peak workloads.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or equivalent related experience.
- 3+ years of experience in retirement operations or related area.
- Knowledge of retirement and recordkeeping systems and recordkeeping operational functions which is used to answer questions.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with employees and customers.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple assignments.
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability.
- Proven record of working in a fast paced environment while managing multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to effectively interact with end users and business sponsors.
- Able to suggest and implement improvements in the area.
- Assists in the development of system changes and procedures.
- Efficient in Microsoft Excel including formulas, pivot tables, and functions.
- Available to work flexible hours and able to cover peak workloads. (i.e. The first and last week of each month, the month of December and January).
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and coworkers.
- Ability to work independently while supporting a collaborative, team orientated environment.
- Reliable follow-through without supervision.
- Outside the box thinker.
- Positive attitude and team motivator.
- High attention to detail.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (MUST BE MET WITH OR WITHOUT A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION)
- Able to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, see, & use hands and fingers with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
3137 32ND AVE S
FARGO ND 58103