Retail Market & Private Segment Relationship Manager - Fargo, ND
Requisition Number: 17-0048Requisition Number 17-0048
Post Date 3/31/2017
Title Retail Market & Private Segment Relationship Manager
The Retail Market & Private Segment Relationship Manager is a dual role. The role of Retail Market Manager is responsible for management of the retail division of Alerus in their assigned market. They do this by ensuring service delivery excellence and providing clarity, focus, and motivation to achieve targeted KPIs and financial returns with their market. As the Retail Market Manager, they will oversee Branch leadership and take overall responsibility for success of the market. In the role of Private Segment Relationship Manager, they will actively originate, manage, retain and grow new and profitable banking relationships with professional service firms, high net-worth individuals including professionals, executives and entrepreneurs as designated by the target market. They will effectively interact and collaborate with all areas of Alerus and successfully cross-sell in a consultative approach delivering the organizations products and services.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 1: New business development 35%
- Works effectively in developing new relationships both externally and internally by utilizing external networking channels, client referrals and internal business line professionals of Alerus Financial.
- Possess industry experience in understanding the specific banking, credit and financial needs of professional service firms such as law firms, medical specialty groups, and individuals such as professionals, executives, entrepreneurs and high net-worth clients.
- Expand existing relationships within the private banking target market by introducing and cross-selling the products and services available through all areas of Alerus Financial including wealth management, trust, cash management, mortgage and retirement services.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 2: Retail Market Leadership & Staff Development - 25%
- Maximize market growth and profitability through effective leadership of the Branch Managers; maintaining direct accountability and ownership for customers and the financial performance of market.
- Achieve superior financial results, driving market revenue, acquiring new market share, expanding existing relationships and ensuring compliance with overall Bank and regulatory policies and guidelines.
- Lead major change initiatives in support of the markets segmentation strategies, clearly communicating, supporting, and executing performance expectations on sales campaigns and other strategic initiatives.
- Communicate and collaborate with Relationship Managers, bankers, and product experts to create and monitor joint sales plans. Pursue new business development opportunities within local markets and strive to increase our customer base and market share.
- Attain targeted KPIs through service excellence, ensuring appropriate financial returns
- Conduct side by side customer experience observations. Identify and implement improvements to address performance gaps through coaching and effective feedback sessions.
- Lead weekly coaching and feedback sessions with Branch Managers to aide in their development.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 3: Manage customer relationships 20%
- Respond to customers in a highly professional manner providing a high level of customer satisfaction while successfully delivering to meet deadlines both internally and externally. Maintain ongoing contact with clients to identify and initiate cross-sell opportunities working closely with the Private Banking Associate and Credit Underwriter.
- Maintain and utilize the banks internal sales tracking database (FSS) to capture new business opportunities, tracking of sales calls and periodic updates on existing relationships working closing with the Private Banking Associate.
- Work individually or collaboratively with the Private Banking Associate to process new business credit opportunities from application submission to loan closing on both professional service firm and individual private banking loan requests by communicating with internal staff and the client.
- Assist in providing direction to the Private Banking Associate and other areas of the bank in the booking and funding of credit facilities working closely with loan operations, Credit Underwriters.
- Assist in providing direction to the Private Banking Associate and other areas of the organization to establish wealth management, trust and mortgage relationships.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 4: Technical Knowledge - 10 %
- Possess knowledge of competitive products, practices, and facilities in order to effectively sell Alerus Financial products and services.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge and understanding of the following:
- Consumer credit products and services, performing major credit activity to include lines of credit and home equity loans.
- Regulatory requirements as they pertain to the banking and investment products.
- Compliance requirements for appropriate product areas
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 5: Risk Management and Compliance - 5%
- Responsible for identifying, owning, and validating the effectiveness of internal controls which mitigate the risks of achieving objectives.
- Responsible for working with the module owner to ensure the narrative document that describes how the control structure works is properly updated.
- Responsible for updating controls as process changes are implemented.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 6: Personal growth/development 5%
- Represent Alerus Financial in community organizations and activities.
- Assume responsibility for career growth and development. Actively pursue continuing education, reading, and self-development to enhance skills.
- Maintain professional composure, attitude, and behavior at all events.
- Build solid working relationships with team members, acting as a resource for others whenever possible.
- Be flexible and adaptive when faced with changing needs of the customer and the organization.
- Bachelors degree in business, finance or other equivalent degree.
- 5+ years of financial services and management experience.
- Proven sales success and business development skills.
- Credit underwriting, loan documentation, cash management & deposit product knowledge along with personal banking products and services.
- Basic understanding of investments and trust.
- Minimum of 5 years of customer service experience with a strong dedication to service excellence.
- Positive attitude and demonstrated customer enthusiasm.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-sufficient, self-motivated.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize.
- Ability to make timely decisions in a fast paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Be flexible and adaptive when faced with changing needs of the customer.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (MUST BE MET WITH OR WITHOUT A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION)
- Extended periods of time sitting at a desk and using office equipment.
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for extended amounts of time.
- Time is spent reviewing physical and electronic documents.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment, but will be required to have a vehicle to drive to meet with clients and potential clients.
Alerus is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. We consider all applications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, ethnicity, or national origin.
3137 32ND AVE S
FARGO ND 58103